Saturday, February 13, 2010

GETTING THROUGH ALL THE APPOINTMENTS...EXPERIENCING BLESSINGS ALONG THE WAY

Well, this past week was filled with going to appointments, working, telling alot of people at work about my surgery and my time off, snow days (a true gift from God!), rescheduling appts and kids activities, getting kids where they need to be or arranging for someone else to do it because I wasn't able to...
I have gotten OK'd for my lymph node biopsy and a double mastectomy with reconstruction from my family doctor.  Wayne and I went to a pre-op appointment with the plastic surgeon, viewed all the "wonderful" photographs that were taken of me on the last visit (I know why I don't go topless on a beach!) ...all the prescriptions that I am going to need after surgery are filled and all my permission slips are signed.  I have Percocet, antibiotic and a muscle relaxer...I should be all set, don't you think?? My past experience with Percocet wasn't all that great...it tends to make me mean...and MAY have contributed to the demise of my first marriage...the jury is still out on that one! HA  Just pray for Wayne...he is taking off two weeks of work to help me out after surgery...he may be asking to go back after one week off....it may be more than what he signed up for.  He has been so supportive and helpful without me asking for anything...he has been there for everything...I couldn't ask for anything more!

Seriously, I have been experiencing so many blessings along this journey...I know God is putting people and things in my life because He knows just what I need...I like to have alot of information when I am going through something...I question alot of things ( probably too much!)...I believe God knows me more than I know myself...He is the one who created me...

I am going to keep adding to my list of blessings as I am going through this...hoping that it keeps me on the positive path!  These are in no specific order...just as they came to my mind...( don't feel like you have to read any of this...it is just me regurgitating my thoughts ....I won't be offended in the least!)

  1. Support from Laura Beth's place of employment---Chick Fil A--they are providing a meal for us the day after surgery....I don't really know them...such an unexpected surprise!
  2. Calmness and peace I have about my decision...calm and peaceful are not words that I would use to describe myself even though I try to be...so I know this is a result of so many prayers!
  3. My LOVELY LADIES online support group....I was asked to be in a group of 6 ladies online from all over the US that are going through breast cancer at all different stages...It has been so helpful with all the "details" of recovery.  It all started with meeting Traci Clancy in a waiting room about 10 years ago with our sons taking OT in Blue Ash and running into her again in the plastic surgeon's waiting room. When we are all done with everything, we are all going to meet for a weekend.  That is our hope! 
  4. My friend Kari...setting up meals for our family after surgery with an online calendar....so sweet of her...
  5. Never-ending support of my parents...in caring for us....being there to be extra hands with my kids and being supportive of my decisions regarding surgery
  6. Love and support of Wayne...thankful that the Post Office has let him off for every MD appointment without giving him a hard time and his willingness to be off two weeks after surgery...as I mentioned before...that is yet to be determined...HA
  7. All the women that God has brought my way to talk me through this and encourage me....Shannon, Traci, Gina, Tracy, Pam and Mary...they have all been there before--they are all healed and going on with their lives living in a more abundant way....some of these people I didn't even know before.
  8. My work...not having to worry about not getting paid for my time off...and knowing I can have more if I need it....so thankful my work is flexible!  My girlfriends at work have a way of keeping things real for me...making me laugh at the unlaughable...they have seen me at my lowest point and loved me through it!
  9. Glad I am able to go to some of the top doctors in the area...I was in the waiting room this week and the office staff came out and told a lady that they didn't accept her insurance and she would have to go somewhere else....she was so upset....didn't really think about this blessing until that moment!  I am going to tell them before they put me to sleep  "Show me some of your best work!"
  10. THANKFUL EVERY DAY that I am dealing with non-invasive cancer...hopefully the lymph node biopsy will confirm that this week...
  11. All the cards,emails and flowers that people have sent me....but most of all the prayers I feel as I am going through this...I feel so humbled...
  12. My friend Jackie--she is an inspiration to me.  Going through her 3rd stem-cell transplant at the same time I am going through this...what I am going through is nothing compared to what she has and is continuing to go through...I want her fighting spirit!
  13. My Bible Study...Experiencing God....He knows just what I need...my relationship with God has been strengthened..I have come to know Him more intimately through this experience.
It is difficult when you grow up in a family where you minister to others all the time to put yourself in a place where you are ministered to....it doesn't feel comfortable...I feel like I am so much better on the other side...

I am going to end with verses that have encouraged me this week...I found them through my Bible Study Experiencing God...I hope they encourage you too!

Ps 73:26--My health my fail, my spirit grow weak but God remains my strength forever.

Eph 3:20---Now glory be to God, by His mighty power at work within us-He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope for

Check out my new addition....Inspiring Links!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
 Love on the ones you love :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this list and your verse selections, too! Your blog is such an inspiration to me, Jen. Love you - Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...