Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LYMPH NODE BIOPSY...DONE

All done and home finally!  I got my lymph node biopsy about 1:00 today.  We will get the results on Friday but the doctor said "It doesn't look scary and he is 95% sure it will be clear!"  So we are focusing on that unless we hear differently on Friday.  I have an ice-pack in my armpit and feeling pretty good...I didn't take the Valium before surgery to help me relax because I didn't want to be more out of it than I had to be. I had to get benadryl/hydrocortisone in my IV because I am allergic to sulfa and that helped me relax a bit!  I  couldn't wait to put makeup on my face, lotion on my hands, contacs in my eyes and food in my mouth so I would feel like a real person...pretzels never tasted so good! I like to think of today as a practice run for Monday--I will be going to the same place, talking with the same people and thinking "I have been here before."  Hopefully that will add a sense of calmness and ease to the day!  I was so relieved it was over when I woke up :) :)  Thank you so much for your prayers.  I knew they were there because I could feel them!

5 comments:

  1. Yea! Hello Jennifer. I am so glad I finally found your blog. Your mom was telling Rad about it this past weekend and he was trying to remember the web address for me. I wanted to search for it as I have been praying for you all day. What good news on your lymph node biopsy. I will keep you in my prayers for the upcoming surgery as well. I really enjoyed reading your blog today. So glad there is a way to keep updated :)

    Love,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good night's sleep, Jen. So glad you are going to take things a little slower today....please pamper yourself in every way. You deserve it. I love you! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    Keeping you in my prayers today.

    God Bless,
    Michelle Burton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything is well today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kim Mills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your feeling better.
    I miss you. Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...