Wednesday, February 24, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FRIEND, JACKIE!


I want to ask you to please pray for my friend, Jackie. She was admitted for her third stem cell transplant on Tuesday.   She has multiple myeloma and she will stay in the hospital for three weeks.  She is not receiving visitors for two weeks due to being hit hard with chemotherapy.  We met by living across the street from each other in our old neighborhood.  I ran the FLYING PIG MARATHON raising money in her honor for blood cancers with TEAM IN TRAINING in 2008.  Her son, Ben, is running the PIG this year in her honor. She is such a fighter and her spirit has always inspired me! She knows what she needs to do and she just does it.  She kept telling me the day before surgery--"Jennifer, just don't overthink it!"  Little did I know when we were moving into our houses the same time about twenty years ago, we would be fighting cancer together.  She really needs our prayers during this time-- GOD GIVE HER THE PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL STRENGTH SHE NEEDS TO GET THROUGH THIS AND LET HER CANCER COUNTS GO DOWN TO ZERO.  WE KNOW YOU ARE ABLE TO DO INFINITELY MORE THAN WE DARE TO ASK OR HOPE FOR!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...