Friday, May 28, 2010

FRIDAY...DAY 4

I went to the doctor yesterday and he took all the bandages off--OUCH!  He told me that I could shower now, drive if I am not on pain medication but I can't lift anything over 10#.  The swelling will be there for 3-6 weeks.  My pain level has greatly decreased and I am only taking Extra Strength Tylenol during the day.  I am down to 1/2 Percocet at night to sleep.(That drug is always the hardest to give up--haha!)  I have sharp pains that last about 1/2 second but they told me that was normal because the nerves are trying to regenerate.  I have little pinpricks on my shoulders and on my stomach and I asked the nurse about them---she said it was where they "stapled" the sterile towels to me so when they sit me up in surgery nothing moves and becomes unsterile...That is weird to think about them stapling things to me when I am under anesthesia like I am a bulletin board...I wonder what else they do to me?  The nurse told me that my doctor is a "sterile freak" and is super careful about infection when doing surgery. I can't think about that too long...it kinda freaks me out! I go next Thursday to get my stitches out--maybe I will go back to the painkillers for that day only--we will see!  I will ask them to check to see if they left any staples in me...there are some things I think I am better off not knowing...

Thank you for all my care and support that I have received this week...I couldn't go through this without the support of my friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...