Friday, May 14, 2010

ANOTHER UPDATE...

It has been a long time since I have blogged...there hasn't been much to say except life is moving along at a fast pace with the end of school approaching.  It is a very busy time with my work and the kids' activities.  Everyday day goes by quickly and trying to keep a balance is my biggest challenge.  I haven't spent much time on the computer these days...which is a good thing!  It has allowed more time for other things...

On May 6th, I went for another expansion to prepare me for the upcoming surgery and the doctor told me that he really didn't "feel" the need for another one (by "feel" I mean in the true meaning of the word-OUCH!)...I was glad because I truly didn't see how it could happen...I didn't think my "Pet Rocks" could stretch anymore!  The doctor is very pleased with my progress and said that I have done better than about 98% of his patients that go through this process.  That is an answer to prayer!  I am feeling back to normal these days and exercising without restrictions...that is a good thing!

Surgery to remove the expanders and put in the gel implants has been scheduled for May 24th.  I will be out of work for about five days...it takes about an hour and it is done in an outpatient surgery center.  The doctor says that it should not be a big deal compared to what I have already been through...so I am trying to keep my anxiety level low about it.  I should be able to sleep in a normal bed after this surgery instead of a recliner.  The expanders do not move at all so I can't roll on my side or lay on my stomach without waking up feeling uncomfortable because of the pressure.  This will be the second part of my reconstruction...the next part comes in about six months.

On another note, the doves have moved out and two days later another "momma" dove moved in and layed an egg in the same nest....I guess we are running a birthing house for doves these days...It is sweet to know they feel comfortable there but not so sweet to not be able to use the front door at all for about two months...I think we are getting used to it, though. 

Thanks for all your continued prayers and support...I can't tell you how much they mean to me and my family.  Keep in prayer for healing from this second surgery and just for an end to cancer!  Since I have been diagnosed with cancer, it is a prayer I pray everyday!  It saddens me when I hear of another person diagnosed or struggling to overcome it--my heart goes out to them! 

2 comments:

  1. Your FINAL surgery is on my calendar, Jen! So great catching up the other night. Love all your posts. What a gift your beautiful blog is to all of us....Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonferful news my SLAH soon to be Willow House friend. You are always in my prayers and I look forward to the day you can blog that you are all done and on the other side of all of this. GOD BLESS YOU EACH AND EVERY DAY!
    Love YOU girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...