Monday, March 1, 2010

A WEEK CANCER-FREE :)

Well, I am a week post-op and doing fairly well.  The goal for the week is to slowly decrease pain meds down to Tylenol.  I still have alot of energy and have to make myself rest.  I have some uncomfortable moments but all in all, it is fairly tolerable. I feel alot of tightness with sharp pains every now and then...sounds fun, doesn't it?  The evenings are the worst for some reason.  Wayne and I are going to venture out of the house today and go  to Central  House Diner, a new restaurant  in Burlington.  I haven't been out of the house since Thursday--I am starting to go a little stir-crazy!  Wayne is off  for another week and that is a good thing!  He has been incredible doing things I don't think he would have been able to handle but doing them with patience and love.  I will never forget it...

We can't express enough how much we appreciate your continued prayers and acts of kindness--it is overwhelming to us...

Check out my new inspiring link...love this song!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I am so happy God has answered prayers in
    so may ways in the past two weeks. You have had so much encouragement from your friends, flowers, cards and food. PTL Wayne has been
    great in taking care of your EVERY need with such patience and love. Maybe he should change his career to being a nurse. (Ha) Thank
    YOU Wayne for taking such good care of Jennifer.
    We appreciate your nursing duties these two
    weeks. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I only met you in on session at the SLAH convention in Dallas, but I knew I had found a friend in you. I am sorry to just be finding out about your surgery. I saw something about it on facebook, but it is so hard to be on FB at work. You are in my prayers for continued recovery and know you are in my prayers. I love you girl! Donna Dippel SLAH sista!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...