Friday, March 19, 2010

DAY 24 POST-OP...MORE GOOD NEWS!

Well, Spring has sprung this week with temperatures in the 60's most everyday.  It makes everyone feel alive, don't you think?  I went to the plastic surgeon yesterday and got expanded again with 60 cc--so we are at 390 cc right now.  I am a little more uncomfortable for about a day afterwards. He told me that I have had a "very non-eventful post-op course" and "I am out of the woods".  He told me that things are moving along very well.  My next expansion will be April 1st.  He thinks my third surgery will be able to be moved up to the first part of May. (It was going to be in June.)  He removed all restrictions...I can exercise aerobically and lift weights...I can lift anything within reason.  I told him I was returning back to being a physical therapist and he said..."There will be no problem." WOW!  I was kinda' hoping he thought I would need to stay off work another week. (haha!)  I am only taking advil two times a day now...haven't been on the strong stuff since last Tuesday.  I am trying to sleep in the bed but sometimes I have to get up and lay in the recliner because I can't get comfortable not being able to sleep in my normal position which is on my side.  I am looking forward to getting back into HOT YOGA :)  I started getting into that at the beginning of the year and I love it...(It is yoga in a 90 degree room so you can really get a workout plus deep stretching and relaxation)

People are still bringing meals every other day...It is really unbelievable!  Yesterday, when we got home late from the doctor there was a meal waiting for us all ready to eat--I can't tell you how nice that was!  We are still overwhelmed by people's support and love--We will never forget it!

Life is going on as normal in the Carpenter-Clause house---back to being a taxi-driver for my teenagers, homework battles, early morning grumpiness--but there is so much to be thankful for and I remind myself of that everyday! 

Thank you for your continued prayers for our family as we are entering the last part of this journey!

1 comment:

  1. All great news, Jen! I am so very happy...Love you, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...