Saturday, June 5, 2010

NO DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS FOR THREE WEEKS...WOW!

I am just now blogging about my doctor visit on Thursday.  I have been busy wrapping things up at school with it being the last week of school.  WHEW!  I have all the important things done...it is amazing how much more I like my job in the summer....LOL

On Thursday, I got all my stitches out and it is a good thing to be numb because it didn't hurt at all.  The nurse said everything looks really good and  I am healing well.  I feel like the implants are heavier than the tissue expanders and start right below my shoulder but she said that is swelling that will take 3-6 weeks to go down.  I can start to sleep in the bed...which I tried and  lasted until 4:00AM and then had to get up and go to the recliner...I hope that starts to get better soon. I can lift up to 15# now.  I can't do anything that really increases my heart rate or causes me to sweat alot as far as exercise goes because that will just add to the swelling.  I can leisurely walk...that is all for right now.  I guess I have a good excuse to not exercise...I don't have to look for one or make one up...HA! 

I don't have to go back for three weeks...that is the longest I have gone without a doctor's appt since January...I do believe.  YEA!  Wayne and I  are going to visit his family this week in Newport News, Virginia...looking forward to it!  SUMMER HAS BEGUN!  

One of my closest friend's mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer this past month.  She went through surgery this week and it was in her lymph nodes.  She finds out Tuesday what her choices in treatment will be.  Please pray for  their family and for complete healing and strength during this time...She has a long journey ahead of her... My close friend that lives far away has been right there for me the whole time...calling and texting at times when I was going through the scary moments...

Continue to pray for an end to cancer!  It makes my heart so heavy when I hear of someone else it has affected...I  am always asking WHY?

P.S.  The doves have left the nest and Wayne took the nest down before another bird decided to move in...we are all able to use the front door now. It is the small things that make my family happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...