Monday, January 18, 2010

MY SURGERY DATE...FINALLY!

My surgery date just got finalized today. I will be having a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction on February 22nd in the afternoon. I will be called later to confirm the actual time. I was given a date in late March on Friday afternoon and both Wayne and I were a little disappointed that it wasn't sooner. The doctor has reassured me that with my diagnosis it would be OK to wait that long...but for my peace of mind they would try to do it earlier. The plastic surgeon's schedule is super busy since it is winter and that is when everyone wants their plastic surgery done...I asked about using a different plastic surgeon but the nurse assured me that he is the top plastic surgeon in Northern Ky. He is a perfectionist and would be worth the wait ...so I just began to pray for an earlier date to open up and asked the nurse to please call me back if that happened...

They called me back with an earlier date this morning...Thank God for answer to prayer! Why do I always seem surprised when that happens?

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer that's terrific news! God really is good...I'm glad He's given you some peace of mind. I'll continue to be in prayer.
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    Great news, so glad you finally know what's happening. God is so good. We will continue to pray for peace and healing for you while you are on this journey.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got you on my calendar and ALWAYS in my heart. Love from here, Jen. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, thanks for the time we spent together this week shopping and eating out.
    You are always close to my heart, and in my prayers. I know the Lord will be with you during this time. God's promises are true. He will never leave us, through the good times and the bad times. Dad and I have you covered in love prayers. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...