Saturday, April 3, 2010

EASTER...CELEBRATION OF NEW LIFE!

We have a bird that has decided to build a nest in the flower arrangement on our front door...Isn't that crazy? I want to leave it there because I don't have the heart to move it or destroy it...I think it is my personal reminder that there is new life in this house...An egg just appeared last night....



This Easter weekend I find myself thinking about everything that has happened in the last year...all the changes in our family in many different areas and how life is a just a little bit different now.  Not like I am a totally different person but there has been so much to remind me that life is to be celebrated and there are important things that do not need to be ignored...I do not know what tomorrow brings!  It can change in an instant...I am so thankful that God's love for me is a constant in this life...He never changes and I am  His passion.  He wants to be in a relationship with me more than anything...so much that He was willing to send His Son to die for me to break down the barriers of sin so that I can be closer to Him.  I can't wrap my head around that because as much as I love certain people...Would I be willing to send one of my kids to die for them?  Never in a million years.  Easter is all about celebrating the new life that is available to me because of Jesus' death and resurrection...one that is more abundant and full of joy even when circumstances around me are not joyful!  I love how God has created  reminders all around us of new life when it is Easter...flowers blooming and growing, grass is getting greener and birds are building nests to start new life...
 
On a different note, I have had another tissue expansion this past Thursday and it went well--this one was the least painful of all of them.  I am pretty much healed so there was less inflammation.  I have about 1-2 more the doctor said but that is totally up to me at this point...and we can stop where I feel comfortable--not where Wayne feels comfortable...where I feel comfortable!  HAHA  My next one is April 20th.  He said I was a "boring patient".  Sorry---what can I say...God answers prayer and I like being a "boring patient".

We had our "Last Supper" on Tuesday--I told everyone we needed to sit on one side of the table so we could take a picture...since it was our Last Supper. How appropriate with Easter Week... It took the kids awhile but I think they got it!  (you know...mom's sense of humor is so lame!) I am out of practice in the cooking area, that is for sure....our family has been so spoiled with the meals every other day...I am going to make some things for Easter so maybe that will help me get in the groove again...

Life is back on...in full force, that is for sure...working everyday trying to get caught up, doing taxes, getting my son ready for his mission trip to Haiti this next Wednesday, prom-shopping with my daughter, getting ready for Easter and all the other little things of normal life...I feel like my brain can only hold so much...I keep forgetting things...I will be ready to relax on Spring Break in Missouri week after next spending time with our grandchildren, Elly and Emilia...(Oh yeah, Chris and Tawnya too!)  Being a grandma "Jenny" is a nice little break from being a mom of teenagers...I get a little more love, if you know what I mean...Wayne assures me there is love there but they don't show it for about 10 years...I think I am about halfway there!

Happy Easter and I hope you find a way to celebrate new life with those around you...Because He lives we can face tomorrow no matter what happens! That is what Easter is all about for me this year :)  Thanks for allowing me to have this little "moment" with you!

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, thanks for that beautiful reminder of new life...and what an awesome gift God left you right on your front door!!

    So glad to hear you're getting back to your "boring", "normal" life...whoever thought boring & normal would be such a blessing?!

    Praying that your journey will continue to be smooth...well, other than those new "speed bumps" that are under construction!! ;)

    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. An egg...

    Oh, I just love the egg.

    All the important symbolism of Life wrapped up in one naturally perfect package gift-wrapped and waiting on your doorstep.

    What a blessing, dear friend. Wow....

    Joy. Peace. Love.

    Every Easter blessing to everyone of you,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! God is so cool in His reminders! LOVE YA!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for checking out my blog...I would love to hear from you...